Monday, October 29, 2012

OFFICIALLY TICKED OFF WITH TECHNOLOGY!!!!

Written.... Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2012

First: my phone will not pick up a signal today for whatever reason. I’ve tried turning the phone off, pulling the battery, waiting, then turning the phone back on again... in multiple locations throughout the house and even outside!  Again!?! Really???? This is the third day in a row of having that damned ‘searching’ message showing in the upper left hand corner of the screen! “Searching”... “Yea? Really? Well, You don’t seem to be finding anything you....”, “ Well I’m gonna be ‘searching’ all right... SEARCHING FOR ANOTHER PHONE COMPANY!!!!

Second: I’m stranded with NO WHEELS... this is going on like WEEK #3 NOW!!! I’m ok with that... it’s not like I have any place else to go anyways... and I have not money or even an allowance to do diddly. 

Third: We are without internet until Friday. I said to MC: “Well, not having the internet for a week might be a good trial run to see how we would fair if we weren’t able to have internet. Seeing as how we have so many other things we should be doing around here anyway.” And to boot: I couldn’t get the internet up & running even if I wanted to... now that I’m without a phone. 

So I’m OK with all of this ... so far... I can manage this:
No wheels, no phone, no internet, 
NO CONTACT WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD WHAT SO EVER! 
No worries! No Problem!

I have a dog and I can defend myself it there is an intruder. If I fall down or become deathly sick... I can crawl out to the fence and pray that someone driving by would stop and assist me. (worst case scenario... I’m good... I’m ok with that!!! It’s only 6 hours before “someone-or-two” would be home from work.... I could survive 6 hours... I think.

So... what to do with myself next?
My computer still works... I have a lot of things on my mind that I really need to “get down on paper”... so I started “writing”....

Great!  “this is really great stuff... I’m really on a roll... my grammar is exceptionally well today!.... “ and then BOOOM! OUT OF NO WHERE!!!!

“WHAT?”
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN 
‘PROGRAM UNEXPECTEDLY 
SHUT DOWN’?!!!!” 
{"That's worth FOUR!" as my momma would say when she really wanted 
to be spouting off "four letter words repeatedly---four times!"}

I just lost 2 pages of really great writing because I didn’t SAVE EVERY 5 MINUTES!!!!!

POC!!!! ******* TECHNOLOGY! IT’S REALLY GREAT!!!!! WHEN IT WORKS!!!!!, BUT WHEN IT DOESN’T.... IT DOOOOOESSSSNNNNN’TTTTT AT ALL AND IT REALLLLY TICKS ME OFFFF-AAAA-FFFAAAA!!!!

So I did a GoodSsearch for “When Technology Fails” (click on the blue words to link to that website & learn more!)
{I use GoodSearch.com as much as I can instead of google. It is powered by Yahoo... and every time I search it donates $.01 to my selected charity!}


I guess if I had to... I could pull out the bicycle and ride a mile down the road to the nearest place where there are people and ask to borrow a phone... I can even use the internet THERE!!! But it’s blue *ss cold and windy outside.... why would I want to do that when I have a huge pot of brown beans in the crockpot making the house feel all warm & cozy. 

Now... let me see if I can do any laundry without anything else going wrong!
Oh, but wait... the washer doesn’t have any cold water! 
So unless I want to wash my colors in HOT water and have them all fade or shrink....
I’ve got to go retrieve the garden hose and be “on standby” during the two ‘fill cycles’.  

I can manage THAT! 
The *amn dryer better not break!

“You know you’re a redneck if doing the laundry depends on the weather?” ~Jeff Foxworthy. 

Just another "Adventure in BFE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment